The second black female US senator could become the first black female vice-president. Kamala Harris is Joe Biden’s choice for the presidential ticket.
Midterms 2018, who won in the 36 states that voted for a new governor
In the midterm elections of the 6th of November, in 36 out of 50 United States a new governor was chosen on top the members of Congress. Here are all the results of the gubernatorial races.
The choice of the new governor in 36 out of 50 of the United States was one of the important challenges in the midterm elections that took place on the 6th of November, in which citizens also voted for the new composition of the two chambers of Congress. Whilst gaining the majorityin the House of Representatives represented a big win for the Democrats (D), and the Republicans (R) maintained their hold on the Senate, the result of the gubernatorial races was less clearly favour of one or the other party.
- Midterm elections 2018, live results
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The Democrats’ new face for the midterm elections who comes from the Bronx
- Who is Beto O’Rourke, the rising star of the US Democrats vying for the Texas Senate race
Midterms 2018, the results of the races for governor
- Alabama – Kay Ivey (R) 59.6% / Walt Maddox (D) 40.4%
- Arizona – Doug Ducey (R) 58.2% / David Garcia (D) 39.8%
- Arkansas – Asa Hutchinson (R) 65.1% / Jared Henderson (D) 32.0%
- California – Gavin Newsom (D) 56.2% / John Cox (R) 43.8%
- Colorado – Jared Polis (D) 51.3% / Walker Stapleton (R) 45.3%
- Florida – Ron DeSantis (R) 49.8% / Andrew Gillum (D) 48.9%
- Georgia – Brian Kemp (R) 50.8% / Stacey Abrams (D) 48.3%
- Hawaii – David Ige (D) 65.9% / Andria Tupola (R) 30.7%
- Idaho – Brad Little (R) 59.1% / Paulette Jordan (D) 38.8%
- Illinois – JB Pritzker (D) 53.8% / Arthur J. Jones
- Iowa – Kim Reynolds (R) 50.4% / Fred Hubbell (D) 47.4%
- Kansas – Laura Kelly (D) 47.8% / Kris Kobach (R) 43.3%
- Maine – Janet Mills (D) 50.5% / Shawn Moody (R) 43.5%
- Maryland – Larry Hogan (R) 56.2% / Ben Jealous (D) 42.8%
- Massachusetts – Charlie Baker (R) 66.9% / Jay Gonzalez (D) 33.1%
- Michigan – Gretchen Whitmer (D) 53.1% / Bill Schuette (R) 44.0%
- Minnesota – Tim Walz (D) 54.1% / Jeff Johnson (R) 42.2%
- Nebraska – Pete Ricketts (R) 59.4% / Bob Krist (D) 40.6%
- Nevada – Steve Sisolak (D) 48.9% / Adam Laxalt (R) 45.8%
- New Hampshire – Chris Sununu (R) 52.2% / Molly Kelly (D) 46.3%
- New Mexico – Michelle Lujan Grisham (D) 56.1% / Steve Pearce (R) 43.9%
- New York – Andrew Cuomo (D) 59.1% / Marc Molinaro (R) 36.7%
- Ohio – Mike DeWine (R) 50.7% / Richard Cordray (D) 46.4%
- Oklahoma – Kevin Stitt (R) 54.3% / Drew Edmondson (D) 42.2%
- Oregon – Kate Brown (D) 49.9% / Knute Buehler (R) 44.3%
- Pennsylvania – Tom Wolf (D) 57.6% / Scott Wagner (R) 40.8%
- Rhode Island – Gina Raimondo (D) 52.7% / Allan Fung (R) 37.4%
- South Carolina – Henry McMaster (R) 54.3% / James Smith (D) 45.7%
- South Dakota – Kristi Noem (R) 51.3% / Billie Sutton (D) 47.3%
- Tennessee – Bill Lee (R) 59.2% / Karl Dean (D) 38.9%
- Texas – Greg Abbott (R) Incumbent 55.9% / Lupe Valdez (D) 42.4%
- Vermont – Phil Scott (R) 55.4% / Christine Hallquist (D) 40.4%
- Wisconsin – Tony Evers (D) 49.6% / Scott Walker (R) 48.5%
- Wyoming – Mark Gordon (R) 67.4% / Mary Throne (D) 27.7%
Featured image: Democrat Gavin Newsom takes the place of Jerry Brown as the new governor of California. He defeated the Republican John Cox gaining 56 per cent of votes, versus the 44 per cent of his adversary © Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
Former Vice-President Joe Biden is now vying to become president of the United States. We discuss his life, political career and electoral platform.
Joe Biden breaks ahead. Sanders falls but stays in the race. Bloomberg is hanging by a thread. Warren is invisible. The final results of Super Tuesday, a key day in the Democratic primaries to choose the candidate for the the US presidential elections.
The Democratic party primaries in the US started on the 3rd of February. We discuss the five frontrunners, one of whom will challenge Donald Trump for the presidency on the 3rd of November 2020.
“Local leaders have to ensure that changes happen. Every action a city takes for climate has an impact on the whole world”. We interviewed Ekrem İmamoğlu, Mayor of Istanbul, about mayors’ key role in tackling the global climate crisis.
Il giudice Steven Reed è diventato sindaco della città del profondo Sud, culla del movimento per i diritti civili.
A successful day for Greens and nationalists, while traditional parties suffer. The outcome? A European Parliament divided into homogeneous “slices”. The final results of the European elections 2019.
The House goes to the Democrats, the Senate remains Republican. But the midterm election results are positive especially for women. How the vote for Congress and 36 governors went.
Defying all predictions, Donald Trump has won the American elections. He is to become the 45th President of the United States.