LifeGate, in cooperation with Marketing Researcher Matteo Forgiarini, conducted an online quantitative study on LifeGate’s community, that counted 1 million contacts at the time (October 2013). That is an analysis of the values, requirements, attitudes and purchasing behaviours of the consumers and users devoted to a sustainable lifestyle and new socio-environmental trends.
- Understanding the needs, purchasing behaviours and feelings of LifeGate’s community
- Studying specific subjects in-depth and people's interest in specific commodities sectors
- Having an effective tool with which to get to know future consumers
- Offering a new service of targeted study with access to a large platform of users devoted to sustainability
- Distinguishing the consumers and users’ main profiles
Definition of the subjects, commodities sectors to research, specific client databases to request in order to have comparable pieces of information. Following the definition of a questionnaire made up of 30 questions, subdivided into three areas:
1. Personal data – with specific questions on the country of origin, gender, age, education and diet
2. Lifestyle – to understand which daily activities/actions are really important to users
3. Purchasing behaviours – to analyse the consumers’ inclinations/habits through comparative questions on different commodities sectors
- Great involvement of the community guaranteed a sample of 1010 respondents. This is a significant factor because its resulted in the creation of a platform of users interested in dialoguing on the subject of sustainability.
- Acquisition of the consumers’ profiles (two specific macro clusters) useful to those companies that want to know how to target consumers in the future.
- Obtainment of useful information for businesses in different sectors (those tackled in the questionnaire) on purchasing behaviours and lifestyles.
- Possibility to offer a specific service that guarantees definite and clear results to those businesses interested in being acquainted with the interests, habits and behaviours of potential customers.